Thursday, September 07, 2006

Stadium '65

Movement, Meaningful, Madrigal


My three years at Stadium High School were some of the best years of my life. I feel such pride in that school and am really excited about being able to attend the 100th-year Anniversary Celebration.

One of the outstanding memories is of the earthquake that took place in my senior year. I was in study hall. When the earthquake started it sounded like students were in the balcony stomping their feet, causing a rumbling sound. Was only a few seconds later that I saw the huge pillars swaying and the floor rolling…….. Bet I was the first one to crawl under a desk, even before Mr. Snared (sp?) told all the students to take cover under their desks. My fear that day was that the school would roll down the cliff onto Schuster Parkway!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, that didn't happen!

I will never forget November 22, 1963. I was in Ms. Violet Davies' foods class when the announcement came over the PA system that our beloved President John F. Kennedy had been shot in Dallas, Texas, and a short time later that he had died. I remember feeling depressed for months after that day.

Also, I will never forget all the fun I had in Paul Margelli's class. The most memorial time was when we performed "The Night Before Christmas" for our winter concert and got to wear pajamas on stage. Former choir members, do you remember that? I also remember how proud I was of Mr. Margelli's Madrigal Singers.


My sister, Carol Fritz, and my friend, Cindy Winters, were both a part of that group. I remember trying out for Madrigals', but that was a far as that ever went!!!!!!!!!!

I have fond memories of Audrey Karsh's English class and of Cloma Norton's English class, and. I have lost track of these teachers over the past years, but I shall never forget them. Of course, I cannot forget to mention another favorite, Mrs. Martindale.

I am so happy and proud to have shared a part of Stadium's history and look forward to experiencing the upcoming celebration.

Barbara (Fritz) Anderson
Class of 1965

Memories@CelebrateStadium.com



CelebrateStadium.com

1 Comments:

At January 22, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!! I remember Stadium. I loved the Old Brown Castle, and I still do. I couldnt wait untill I got there, and my favorite teachers? That makes me smile. I loved Mr. Margelli, but who didnt? There was a very tall man for Study hall, in the auditorium, his mane was Mr. Sanarude?(rt spling?) He was a kick, but he passed before I graduated. Of course, Mr. Hayes, Mr. Buffalo, and Mr.? I cant think of the other vice principal, but all three of them were great!! I have so many fond memories of Stadium, they will never go away. They will stay in my heart forever. My 40th year reunion will be in 2009, I cant wait. I am in Texas now, so that will be fun. I graduated in 1969 from Stadium, and cried the whole time. I didnt want to leave Stadium, but I knew I had to go on. Stadium was like my second home away from home. Now that they have remodeled Stadium, inside, I am going to see it in Sept. of this year. Well, all of you Stadium people, this is Marcy Bock/Cummins. I have memories also. Take care. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home