Sunday, August 27, 2006

Bricks in a "strange" land

An early recycling


Thanks for all the wonderful info on the celebration of Stadium High School.

My parents and my aunt graduated from Stadium in 1936 and my two brothers and I also graduated from Stadium. I am looking forward to seeing the remodel and the Old Brown Castle after 46 years as I graduated in 1960.

I was in Wallace, Idaho on my way home from Montana several years ago and stopped to tour the old train depot there. When I drove up to it I thought there was something very familiar about it.




Inside the depot I found the answer. It was built from the same bricks as Stadium High School in Tacoma, Washington.

I don't remember all the details but your mentioning the building of railroad stations from the materials after the fire in the late 1800's tweaked my memory of that coincidence.

Thanks for all the great info.

Penny Lightfoot ‘60

Memories@CelebrateStadium.com



CelebrateStadium.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home