Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My Dad, the Judge

Martin Luther Potter '30


The Judge Martin Potter mentioned in the 50 years ago in the News Tribune, this last May, is my father, and he graduated from Stadium around 1930.

I remember when he was a judge, as he knew every cop in the city, so I knew if I did anything he would know it before I got home.

He was an attorney in Tacoma for many years. He also worked as a prosecuter, Justice of the Peace, Police court Judge, and just before he died he was a Superior Court Commissioner.

Here is a picture from a slide taken by Ashel Curtis probably before 1920. Does any one what the event and date was.




I bought the slide sight un-seen, but the description said that it was a slide taken by Curtis, probably in the Seattle area with an event in a bowl, with a building that looks like a castle in the background. What else could it be but Stadium, and it was.

Also see Time Flies

John Potter Class of '61

Memories@CelebrateStadium.com



CelebrateStadium.com

1 Comments:

At September 02, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, when I first saw the picture here, I figured it was yours, knowing your love of old magic lanterns and glass slides.
Ed Poyneer

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home