Monday, July 31, 2006

Greetings from Iraq

Statute of Limitations


Thanks for the info. Sorrily gotta say that I am still in Baghdad...with any luck I will be having turkey dinner in the end of November at home with family. I can't wait!!!

When I went there in 85, it was sorta party central...just imagine rolling kegs literally thru the center of the bowl during the middle of the school day...it happened.

Imagine having a "hugs, not drugs" theme day that was seminar type day that hit all the major local news channels and having TV news crews there, and walking thru the courtyard with beer cups in your hands...during a day called hugs, not drugs...go figure....ahhh, where have all the good times gone...

Or from a few years later, when my brother and few friends broke the worlds longest football losing streak and put a small bend in the water side goalpost (look real close...yep, it's still there...)

Or when we had the rivalry back then with Wilson, and we burned a huge ( I mean huge!!!) "S" in their lawn. As Flounder said in animal house, "oh boy, this is gonna be great".

Or having a teacher openly (and I don't think that bright of a thing to do...) fire up a doobie in the classroom...I take the fifth (amendment, not fifth of booze) on that that one...

Sorry, got onto a roll.
I did do one (maybe more...not sure) good thing...after desert storm in 91, I did come back to talk to Mr. Ptolemy or Mr. Coar's class...

Sorry, just taking a "trip" down memory lane. Really though, Stadium was a great place to go to school, and all BS aside, I do have a lot of pride having gone there.


Take care, and my most sincere best regards,

Wayne Ashby Class of '85



Memories@CelebrateStadium.com



CelebrateStadium.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home