Friday, June 02, 2006

Snapshots under the Seats

In a Darkroom


In 1955-56 I served as Assistant to John Green. John was theTAHOMA photographer. John graduated in 1956. My time as TAHOMA photographer came in 1956-57.


Under the balcony seats there was a photography darkroom. It was the center of action in '56 & '57 for the processing of photographs for the TAHOMA.

My photo activities in the 1956-57 time included working as a lab assistant at Bert Perler Photography. During the summers of '58 through'61 I worked as a clerk at The Camera Shop.

I graduated from Stadium in 1957. In the fall of ‘57 I enrolled at Central Washington College of Education. In 1960 I married Marlene Lindauer (from Mabton, WA). In 1961 I earned my BA in Education and Marlene and I moved to Tacoma.

I taught at Stanley Elementary in Tacoma from 1961 until mid-year 1964-1965.
In that mid-year time I had responsibilities at the Washington State Office of Public Instruction. These tasks also related to my MS Educ. studies at Central Washington University.

In the fall of 1965 I joined the Washington State University faculty. I served on the faculty until 1982 when I went into private business. While at WSU I earned my EdD.

In 1990 Marlene and I relocated to the Kittitas Valley. We live about 15 miles east of Ellensburg.

Now, semi-retired, I serve part time on the Walden University faculty. I do a number of fun projects focused on writing, exploring issues of the alternative futures, and criticizing systems for delivering quality in government.

For Christmas in 2005 Marlene gave me a digital camera. I’m returning to my roots and taking pictures of everything. Having fun.

Jerry Brong class of '57

Memories@CelebrateStadium.com



CelebrateStadium.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home