Monday, June 05, 2006

Architect

Bryant, Jason Lee, Castle


I remember my years attending Stadium High with great pride. I still remember certain classes when we discussed particular subjects. I remember my mother showing me a newspaper article that praised the United States for having the best educational process in the world and that the Puget Sound region in the North West had the best schools in the Country.


While attending Jason Lee Junior High, I had decided to become an architect. I had found a book about Frank Lloyd Wright that convinced me that this is the way I would spend my life.

I graduated with a "C" average from Stadium. I came from a poor family that could not send me to collage so I joined the Marine Corps in order to get the discipline I needed to get through collage. Believe me; they gave me all the mental tools I needed. I worked my way through the University of Washington with a wife and two kids and still graduated with a 3.7 average.

Our class, the class of 56, gets together every year since our 45 reunion. I love attending and seeing all my old class mates. They have made my wife, Toby, feel like she is one of us. I ask myself how could I be so lucky to attend such a great school and have such great friends. I was truly blessed.

I do not remember my football coach's name, but as a line backer he made me tackle every on the team, one at a time, and boy did that toughen me up. In those days if you were on the first team you played both offense and defense.

Gretchen Weller was a class mate from Bryant Grade School thru Stadium, I still consider her as a best friend.

I consider my career as an architect as a way to make it a better world thru good design, so I thank Jason Lee, Stadium High, my teachers, the US Marine Corps, and all my friends for giving me the ability to practice my profession.

Larry Craig
Class of 1956
Poulsbo, WA


Memories@CelebrateStadium.com



CelebrateStadium.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home