Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sixty-five years of Blue and Gold

'06 to '71


I am also a third generation graduate from Stadium.

My maternal grandmother, Ellen (Nell) Sophia Carr (later Beardsley) was in the first graduating class, 1906.

My Aunt, Barbara Beardsley graduated in 1934.

My mother, Emily Lue Beardsley graduated, in 1939,

Many years passed before my siblings and I also graduated from Stadium.

My sister, Barbara Jones graduated in 1964,
My brother, Jim Jones in 1966,
Myself, (Nancy Jones) in 1969,
My brother, John Jones in 1971

Jim, John, and I were all members of the Madrigal singers and Jim was Yell King.
Barb was one of the top 5 students in her class.

Both Jim and Barb married Stadium grads –
Barb married Dan Brady ('64)
Jim married Polly Richardson ('67).

To make our connection with Stadium even stronger, our father, Frank Phillips (Phil) Jones began his teaching career there in 1946. He left to join Wilson's staff when it opened.

We all still have a strong connection to the castle although our legacy ended with John's graduation. It will always be a special place.

Nancy (Jones) Foote, class of 69


Memories@CelebrateStadium.com



CelebrateStadium.com

2 Comments:

At April 14, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, this was nice to read. John Buffaloe (former vice principal) was my grandfather and he was such a wonderful man.

 
At October 20, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey are you one of the Jones's that lived on North...18th? or is it 19th? You've got to be...John was a friend of mine, and i hope he is doing well. I'm Teri Hunt- and lived in the black and pink house on the corner of north 21st and Cedar. Actually, i still live there! say hi to john for me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home