Sunday, April 09, 2006

Royal Aspirations

Festival memories


Since I was a little girl I had always dreamed of being a princess. But, in 1962 when I was a senior at Stadium I lacked the self-confidence to try and fulfill that dream. I always regretted that decision.

Our princess that year was Robin Holmes and she represented Stadium very well.

Being in Tigerannas meant I could be in the parade but I wasn't on a float or the back of a Corvette.

I vowed someday to be affiliated in some way with the festival. Years went by, marriage and children. In 1994 I finally saw an open door and I entered it.

I was very fortunate to be a chaperone with the girls for three years and then in 1997 was so honored to be the festival's Queen Mother.

In those years, in my capacity of being involved with the festival, I was able to tell my story and encourage these lovely young ladies to never give up on a dream. I witnessed the dreams of many girls come true. I am so happy that Stadium has continued all these years to participate in the Daffodil Festival.

Good luck to Ali Ciarochi this year.

Charlene (Miller) Kosche 1962



Memories@CelebrateStadium.com



CelebrateStadium.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home