Thursday, March 23, 2006

Where I met my soulmate

Persistence pays

Stadium has special meaning to me not only because the building is beautiful and it is so different than any other high school in the nation but like many who have gone there, it is where I met my husband.

It was our senior year in high school. I had him in 3 of my classes and noticed that he was very smart but very shy.

I was determined to bring him out of his shell and proceeded to ask him to "go out with me" everyday from December to March.

One time I told him that the group, "Chicago" was playing at Eagles auditorium in Seattle and did he want to go. Of course he said no, but he loaned me the $4.00 it cost to go to the concert (1970)

Finally, he agreed to help me with our Physics assignments. Thanks to Mr. Eastley, we were Physics partners and thanks to my husband, I passed the class!

I have many other stories about our courtship that my husband hates for me to relate so I will not share now, but I can tell you that my fondest memories are of the friends I made and the love I found.

Great teachers like Mrs. Randall, Mr. Jarvitz, Mr Eastley, Mr. Chopp and Mrs. Martindale will also remain close to my heart...



Pati Lynn
Stadium Centennial Co-Chair


Memories@CelebrateStadium.com



CelebrateStadium.com

1 Comments:

At July 15, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pati, My husband and I also met while at Stadium and have just celebrated our 43rd. wedding anniversary. Must have been something in the water. Charlene (Miller) Kosche Class of '62

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home